A little about us: The Lieber Institute for Brain Development (LIBD) was conceived from the realization that a new approach is needed to fully exploit the unprecedented opportunities to accomplish the critical goal of helping affected individuals and their families. The LIBD aims to transform the research landscape in two ways: by providing new tools for scientific discovery and by developing new collaborative approaches to achieve our ambitious mission. The mission of the Lieber Institute for Brain Development is to translate the understanding of basic genetic and molecular mechanisms of schizophrenia and related developmental brain disorders into clinical advances that change the lives of affected individuals.
The Lieber Institute for Brain Development is seeking an outstanding Staff Scientist interested in developing and conducting assays for assessing the structure and function of human iPSC-derived neurons. The candidate would be working with a team of scientists on developing and optimizing cell-based assays to assess differences in iPSC lines derived from patients with psychiatric disorders.
Why you should work for us: The Lieber Institute understands that attracting the highest caliber talent means offering an exciting job and benefits in a state of the art location that meets one’s personal needs. In order to attract a diverse group of talented, motivated, and innovative professionals, we offer benefits and resources designed to support you in creating the life and work style that brings your best to you, your family, and the Institute
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in neuroscience and extensive experience utilizing microscopy and image analysis to analyze properties of neurons in culture. Candidates for this position would be expected to work within a multidisciplinary team of biologists and data scientists to facilitate goals of the project.
- Confocal imaging
- Neuron reconstruction and morphology analysis
- Developing assays of scale
- Work collaboratively with institute data scientists to develop new tools and effective strategies for both low- and high-throughput imaging analysis of neuronal morphology and synaptic markers
- Oversight and maintenance of microscopy equipment
- PhD in neuroscience or a closely related field
- 2+ years postdoctoral experience in academia or industry
- Expertise in confocal microscopy
- Experience with image analysis using in vitro neuronal culture systems
- Familiar with high-content imaging platforms
- Ability to develop novel approaches
- Ability to work, support and supervise interdisciplinary work across teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
To apply: Submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
EEOC Statement: The Lieber Institute for Brain Development is proudly an equal employment opportunity and equal professional advancement employer. Employment decisions at the Lieber Institute for Brain Development are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy that the Lieber Institute does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual preference/orientation or veteran status with regard to any position or employment for which the applicant or employee is qualified.