Coordinates the daily activities of the designated study or group of studies. Coordinates and monitors research trials; actively overseesthe recruitment of study participants. Adheres to Good Clinical Practice, and complies with regulatory and grant agency requirements, and study protocol. Maintains study records and collaborates with the Institutional Review Board as necessary. The emphasis of most research conducted at this site is early phase psychosis or Schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
- Responsible for coordination of a designated study or group of studies. In research projects, oversees recruitment of subjects, implementation of study procedures, and the collection and processing of data. Keeps accurate and up-to-date records.
- May be required to oversee phlebotomy, administer electrocardiograms, or monitor vital signs on study participants. Reports findings to supervisor.
- Collects, labels, logs, processes, and ships biological specimens for analysis according to protocol and Haz-Mat training requirements.
- Schedules subjects for protocol-related evaluations. Collaborates with physicians, investigators and other healthcare providers. Promotes respect for subjects’ rights.
- Administers, scores and evaluates results of assessments as assigned and as related to study protocol. Collects data, confers with PI and forwards results to sponsor (internal or external).
- Interfaces with the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) as necessary. Organizes all phases of grant process for submission to funding agencies as necessary.
- Collaborates with PI and the Food and Drug Administration and drug companies on related issues. Adheres to Good Clinical Practice, and complies with regulatory and grant agency requirements. Follows protocol as developed. Keeps investigator or supervisor informed of developments.
- Ensures availability of drug supplies and/or equipment for studies. Maintains drug accountability logs.
- Liaisons with agencies including: IRB, OCG, pharmaceutical companies, laboratories, and equipment and supply companies, as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- 40 hours per week.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Fringe stipend provided.
- Master's degree, in a field of science, behavioral science or related field, required or RN with research experience considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible related experience, preferred.
- IRB Human Subject Protection training, prior to commencement of research, required.
- Certification required for performance of venipuncture, electrocardiogram and vital signs as needed per study protocols.
517-481-4800, ext. 101