Vinfen is a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental, and behavioral disabilities at more than 300 sites with 2,700 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Vinfen, in conjunction with the Prevention and Recovery in Early Psychosis (PREP®) Program of the Massachusetts Mental Health Center (MMHC) is seeking a full-time, licensed psychologist to join its team. PREP® is an intensive outpatient specialty clinic that provides state-of-the art treatment for youth who have experienced a recent first episode of psychosis. PREP® provides comprehensive care, including individual, group, milieu, family, vocational and psychopharmacological treatment to help youth with psychosis to get back on track and prevent long-term disability.
1. Providing outpatient individual, group and family treatment and participate in a dynamic, multidisciplinary treatment team.
2. Conduct comprehensive diagnostic assessments/intake evaluations.
3. Supervise psychology trainees.
4. Oversee and participate in program evaluation and cognitive assessments.
5. Oversee and develop group programming.
MMHC, located in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston, a leader in community psychiatry for more than 100 years, offers evidence-based clinical services, research, and training for early-career professionals.
The MMHC is affiliated with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School. This position may provide opportunities for teaching and supervision along with appointment as Instructor or Assistant Professor at the Harvard Medical School.
Scheduled hours: Mon- Fri. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference and multi-state background and professional licensure check.
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
We are an equal opportunity employer and All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
1. Doctoral-level psychologist licensed in Massachusetts for providing direct care.
2. At least three years of clinical experience treating individuals with psychosis and their families.
3. Competence in providing evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive remediation, and family psychoeducation (multifamily or individual family).
4. Experience in providing clinical supervision for trainees is preferred.
To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website. Recruiters, please no calls.